Quilting On The Horizon

In those scarce free moments here at Kimz, I have been using the latest top of the line Janome to quilt a shop quilt sample.  The Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000 has been an absolute dream to use while quilting, using the AcuFil system.  I gave it a go on the Carnivale Turtle quilt top.


The Janome AcuFil system is built into the Memory Craft 15000, you also have the software to accompany it that is run on your computer.  Once you have put in the dimensions of your quilt top, the software program then calculates the exact stippling stitches to perfectly cover your entire quilt top.


I decided that I wanted two different designs on the quilt as there was a four patch block and a feature block.  So I typed into the computer program the size of the four patch block which was 150mm x 150mm and the program came up with a stipple design that exact size.

 

 


The stipple design fit perfectly!


I loved that I didn't have to keep re-hooping the quilt.  I just used the SQ hoop and the 8 magnets that come with the machine to keep it in place and moved the quilt along each time to the next block.  Too easy!


I then used one of the quilt designs in the program for all of the feature blocks.

 

You can learn even more about Janome AcuFil Quilting here.  There are some great videos you can watch on the program and the on machine as well.  Sew much fun!


Happy Stitching! Kimz Team x

Comments

  1. Very nice Kim............. sounds like it's a "sit down"version of a longarm computerised system. Did it take long to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it didn't take long Judy. It was done over three days in between the normal going ons in the shop. I'm loving the results.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts